Sunday 22 January 2012

Office Sexposa Chapter 8


Chapter 8

The next day Kerry woke up to the smell of toast and eggs and unconsciously straddled herself down the steps into the kitchen.
"Hey there sis, I see you still got your appetite. You slept all day yesterday you had me worried that you'd be like that for longer, so since you up let’s talk."
Kerry laid on one side of her face around the table with her hair covering her face.
"You know Alex called yesterday, he said to tell you that he's sorry for what happened yesterday...."
"I don't want to hear it he can call and tell me what he needs to say."
"You see honey that’s the thing... He could do that but he... said he's leaving the country for a few months."
"What! Did he tell you where he was going?" She asked hastiedly while picking up the phone.
"He didn't say he just said he was leaving and nothing more."
Kerry dialed his cell it was out of reach, she called his home and the phone rang without answer. She redialed to see if he just didn't reach it in time, this time the phone was picked up.
"Alex!"
"Hello good morning, I’m sorry Mr. Preston is not here her left the country for and extended vacation yesterday evening."
"Do you know which country he went to?"
"No, I’m sorry he didn't say he just said to relay the message to anyone who called that he won't be back for at least six months to a year."
"Oh... I'm sorry to disturb you then."
"Not at all mam have a nice day."
"Yes thank you, you too."
She hung up the phone and slumped astonished that he was already gone.
"Well hun I’m sorry but I’m sure he'll be back I mean he's got to go to work doesn't he?"
"Your right he couldn't have just left and not told anyone the specifics of his leave, especially his secretary. Make me some coffee I gotta get to work so as soon as I get out of the shower imma need it I’m already late as it is."
"Ok hun, get going."
Kerry dashed towards the bathroom and quickly had herself a shower, as she left the bathroom she shouted to Jen to call a taxi for her and Jen reassured that she already did so she has less than ten minutes to get ready. Kerry pulled the first suit from under her closet and quickly got dressed, as she made it to the kitchen to take a sip of the coffee the taxi pulled up to the house and she ran out.
On the way to the office Kerry pulled out her cell phone to see that she had a message, when she opened it she saw it was from Alex telling her that he was sorry and that she was not to try and find him. Kerry thought to herself that if he was an idiot. You idiot you actually think that I wouldn't come looking for you, you can't confess to a girl and just because you've got some competition you run away. Stupid Alex.... Idiot Alex... I said I loved you I didn't say I wanted to marry him, you idiot come back... you pretend to be a prince but your acting like a frog at the moment. As the taxi pulled up to the building Kerry hurriedly paid the driver and run up the stairs into the office.
"Good morning Kerry." Mrs. Barker called and Kerry waved as she made her way over to Alex's office door. She froze as the door was closed and her heart began to race, she was afraid to open it, too afraid to see what was on the other side. She thought "if he's in there what do I say? If he's not how should I react? How should I feel? What should I do?"
She slowly gripped the door knob and twisted till the door was unlocked, she let go of the door knob and the door slowly opened after she slightly pushed it. The door moved slowly as if opened Kerry swore it was going to take and eternity and her heart broke more and more as it opened up, the room was empty. The furniture had all been removed, the pictures dismounted the windows shut, the room was dead silent and empty... It looked so odd and its emptiness spread like a disease first to Kerry's mind then to her stomach before finally reaching her heart. She fell to her knees and sobbed, sobbed endlessly as her eyes gazed into the empty room, she could still smell the scent of his aftershave, she could still feel his warmth and she could still see his face smiling at her from around his desk. She wept endlessly, her mind in disarray and emotions swelling up inside her. As she cried she thought
“Why... why’d he leave...?  Alex... why... you weren’t supposed to leave... you were supposed to come after me, find me, make me yours... I don’t want to marry David... Alex... please come back I don’t want to be alone.”
“Ms. Morgan why are you crying?” Alex’s secretary asked.
"Mrs. Peterson." she sniffed.
“Do you know where Alex might have gone by any chance?
“Well it was told to me that I wasn't supposed to disclose his whereabouts under any circumstances... Unless it was to a crying Ms. Morgan."
“Mrs. Peterson is you saying you know where he is?"
“He told me to give this to you in the event that you came to work and you were crying. “She put her in her coat pocket and pulled out an envelope.
“You see he's the person who signs my pay slips so at all times I must know where he is."
“It says I shouldn't open it until get home."  
I anticipated myself that you'd ask me where he was so here. She pulled out a piece of paper from her coat this time.
That's the address of the house he's staying at.
Italy?! He's in Italy?
Well Mr. Preston does own his own private jets so he can be anywhere at any time he sees fit.
Yeah...
So what are you going to do Ms Morgan?
... I'm going to Italy...
Mrs. Peterson smiled oh Ms. Morgan congratulations, how did that happen? I mean you two did have chemistry here in the office you guys always had an atmosphere that was untouchably sweet pretty much impregnable but it didn't seem like you guys went that far.
It happened over the weekend, at first I thought it was a dream but I missed my period so I got curious and did a check last night so that's how I found out.
I'm happy for you... Well I’m happy for you both because he's always admired you so this news will have him excited out of imagination he might have heart failure.
I really hope that doesn't happen, my child will need its father after all and I can't say well... Daddy died because he was so happy that you were conceived. That would just make a weird memory. She snickered.
Well go get him; I’m sure he's waiting for you.
I owe you one big time Mrs. Peterson. Kerry said as she opened the door to her boss’s office.
Mr. Grey I quit.
Quit, that's nice Ms. Morgan now go get me a cup of coffee and a strawberry tart and make sure it’s warm. Before he had finished Kerry was already on her way outside.
Wait quit?! Mr. Peterson got up from his desk and went to his office door Mrs. Peterson where is Ms. Morgan?
I believe she just quit her job to go to Italy to collect the father of her child.
Mr. Grey stood trying to comprehend the situation
She quit right?
Yes.
Oh... Seems like I need a new secretary.
I'm not cheap but until my boss comes back I’ll be your temp.
Then problem solved, could I get a cup of coffee and a warm strawberry tart please.
Aye sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment