Monday 2 July 2012

Chapter 14




“Mother, are you sure it was ok?”
“What are you talking about Maxwell?”
“Sending her there after telling her all that and knowing that grandpa will be there when she arrives.”
“Wait! What?! Mr. Preston’s parents are going to be at home today?”
“Oh dear it seems that you’ve said a bit too much Maxwell, yes they will be there today. Alex has this thing that he does that each time they are going to come around he puts up a picture of them on his desk and also turns around the one in the hall.”
“Dear god! This will be troublesome; we’re turning this plane around now and heading back to the villa.”
“Sit down Mr. Bernadette! This plane will not be stopped nor hindered from its course, I promised them I’d get that girl there and I will not go back on my word.” Angelina said calmly as she held a gun to the back of his head.
“You planned this?”
“Yes we’ve had Alex under our watch for years now, what do you think his father would just let him put him to ruin and not retaliate after. Sir Preston is still pissed at the fact that he killed his wife.”
“So this is a plan to get back at Mr. Preston so why is Ms. Morgan involved?”
“What better way to get back at someone than to kill their future and the woman they love, if you can kill two birds with one stone that’s even better.”
“And what do you get out of this?”
“What do I get exactly, hmm… Well for starters eight million euro’s and also treatment for my current condition.”
“Impossible! Sir Preston shouldn’t be able to muster up even that much in just four years without Mr. Preston knowing about it.”
“Are you forgetting that I worked for the Central Intelligence Agency? I can make anything disappear even within the IRS and I know how much you have been keeping tabs inside the IRS on Sir Preston.”
“Can I ask you just one more question?”
“Go ahead it’s not like you can stop our plans anyway.”
“What is Sir Preston planning on doing to Mr. Preston?”
“He’s planning to crush him, just like what he did to him. Take over all his companies, reduce his resources take away his staff and crush his heart by taking away the woman he loves. Then when that’s all done drag him down and crush his skull.”
“You would coerce with the man who put you in the state that you’re in now against the man who took you under in wings and cared for you and treated you like the world just for what?! A few more months, years added to your life? Think about this for a second… Is it really worth it? Is it really worth selling out Mr. Preston for? You know how that man is, you know he’s going to have you wrapped around your finger it does seem that you care for your son a lot but do you really want to get him involved in this?”
“His grandfather is a very vindictive man but he doesn’t know of his existence so there is nothing to worry about.”
“Sir Preston really not knowing about the people he’s dealing with… Really? Who are you trying to kid? Only an idiot who doesn’t know him would believe that.”
“It doesn’t matter what you think just shut up and sit the fuck down before I put a hole through you!”
“Ok but I must warn you, if any harm comes to Ms. Morgan or her baby Mr. Preston is going to have the agency shoveling both your parts off his pavement.”
She looked at him in amusement before beginning to laugh.
“You really think Alex is able of killing someone, especially me? That man is putty in my hands and his whore of a new girlfriend I already took care of her baby of her issue.”
“What did you do to Ms. Morgan?!”
“While she slept oh so soundly last night I injected her with a special solution which will get rid of that child.”
She looked at her watch then fixed her eyes back on Mr. Bernadette shocked face.
“She should be feeling the effects of the injection about this time if not already.”
“I swear Mistress Angelina if Master Preston finds out about this… you will not be able to get off easily.”
“Bernadette, shut up and stop being stupid. I admit that boy has grown up but not enough to do anything in this situation; he’s as helpless as a puppy. And let me tell you one more thing I have very valuable information about his mother that I know he wants to know, so as long as I have that and his child I’m safe.”
“Mr. Preston’s mother? Isn’t she dead?”
“She’s as dead as religion. She’s as alive as we both are right now. What’s even more interesting is the mystery surrounding the night she disappeared, your birth and Preston’s relationship with... There’s a specific portrait in the main hall of the villa of a woman with another woman in the not so distant background with three children around her, two girls and a baby. But if you look closely enough you’ll see that it’s actually one girl and a boy the one that looks like a girl would unfortunately be Alex and that baby would be you. Now after learning this I was specifically interested in who those women were, you would think that the woman in the foreground would have been Sir Preston’s wife and the one in the background as a maid or servant but the painter was deliberate in painting it the way he did it. Do you know why?”
“Well after hearing what you had to say it would seem like the painter was trying to illustrate that Sir Preston had some intimate relations with the maid which by virtue of sight pushed his wife in the background.”
“Ooo, you’re as smart as you look. That’s exactly what was going on but what’s even more shocking is what I found out after I did some more research. Your mother is none other than that maid and the night she escaped from the villa she was accompanied by Preston’s mother who was also planning to escape that same night. Now the most interesting thing is that about two weeks ago she was found by private investigators hired by old man Preston at a convenience store in Lithuania, an investigation is being carried out in the country to see if it is that she is in contact with Amelia Preston.”
“This makes no sense, how can my mother and Preston’s mother be alive nonetheless ok. Master Preston and I searched tirelessly for years for them and Lithuania much less was one country I personally went to and searched.”
“When they left they were very young women especially your mother, she left at the age of sixteen. But what’s even more important to you is the question… Who is your father?”
“My father is a farmer in Ukraine he harvests grapes and owns his own distillery.”
“That’s what you were lead to believe, your father is none other than Sir Anthony Preston himself. So biologically you’re Preston’s brother and I think he knew because… well you see how he treats you never as one of the house hands he always treated you like a friend who was saying over and allowed you to leave when you liked and do whatever you liked.”
“There is no possible way Mr. Preston would have known that and didn’t tell me.”
“Do you think so? Do you really think you can trust Alex Preston, there’s another question that is left unanswered that little girl in the picture… Who is she? When this question ran through my mind I thought about it for some time but being with Alex there was always something off about him, then I realized one night what it was. Every night he would get up and go down into the basement into that room that he wants no one to go near, I found it odd so i followed him one night while he was on his way there after he closed the door it was silent for  while but I could hear him talking after a while. First I thought that he was on the phone but then I realized he wasn’t because I hear a woman voice after, for a second it sounded like they were arguing because they were very loud at first then everything went silent. He stayed in there the whole night so by method of elimination and assumption that girl is what he has locked away in that room.”
“Angelina although your method of deduction is absolutely beyond me, I do not see how any of what you’ve said to me can be possible. Even remotely.”
“ Ok Mr. Bernadette, be an ass and continue being an ignorant bastard. I’m sure there are times that even to you he must seem strange.”
“Even so with the information that you’ve given me master Preston would give up everything for what you’ve just told me, why do all of this to Master Preston?”
“That man ruined my life in more than one way and when I disappeared almost four years ago it was to make sure that he paid for what he did to me.”
It really puzzled Mr. Bernadette as to why it would be that she was so hell bent on getting back at Alex but the look on her face showed that it must have been something that left a very distasteful taste in her mouth.
“Might I ask you something though Mr. Bernadette?” Angelina asked.
“And what might that be?”
“Do you really know what type of person Alex Preston is? I will tell you that he is more of a monster than his father is.”
“I’ve always suspected Master Preston to be a little more presumptuous than his father because he has a rather keen eye for detail and he can be quite ruthless at times but to say that he’s more dangerous than his father what could it have been that he has done to make you this pissed off? I mean your demeanor after seeing him was so pleasant and friendly, you can’t tell me all that was really ruse to throw him off.”
“There are certain things in this world that men will never understand about women, but we will always know how to manipulate and bend men to our will.”
“I just want to know about that drug that you gave to Ms. Morgan what exactly was it?”
“Not sure… all I know it’s an experimental drug that Sir Preston gave to me. Extremely effective though, there only two side effects if you have a weak immune system. Worst case scenario she dies, best case scenario short term memory loss… or was it long term? The old man was very sketchy with the details so I can’t be too sure but oh well without that baby holding him down she and I can now fight on equal grounds.”
“You gave her an experimental drug with unknown side effects just for a stupid fucking competition!”
“Keep your voice down Mr. Bernadette, as much as I don’t like the bitch I hope she doesn’t die because that would spoil my fun as well.”
“Both you and Sir Preston are very sick people and I swear if anything happens to Ms. Morgan I will personally take it upon myself to make sure you do not the remaining time you have amongst the living.”
“Very bold words from a man who has a gun pointed at him.”
“If you fear retribution shoot me now and make sure you don’t miss or else I promise you will die right here on this plane with you son laying right there.”
She pressed the gun against his temple and pulled back the hammer but Bernadette’s face remained unconcerned and hard, both their eyes caught in a very deadly gaze and as they stared at each other the tension in the cabin grew thicker and thicker to the point it was almost stifling.
“I must commend you Mr. Bernadette for being able to keep a straight face while having a revolver pressed against your temple but I can see you were as scared as he.” She made an indication to his now erect cock throbbing at the side of his pants.
“Don’t mistake my erection for cowardice, that only up because I was a bit excited.”
“Excited for having a gun pressed to your head?”
“No, excited because I was looking so deeply into your eyes.”
“I see you might have inherited something from that half of your family after all.”
“Well spending my time around that man does have its benefits.”
“Hmm… If you behave we might just be able to test that theory.”


No comments:

Post a Comment