Monday 2 July 2012

Chapter 13




Morning quickly came and as the sun peered through Kerry’s window she pulled the sheet further up over her face, her body completely exhausted after last night’s expedition. She thought about how amazing it was, she even came to the conclusion that Angelina was right.
‘When Alex ate me it wasn’t that memorable the sex was what really made the impression but really is it just because of that? Maybe it was because we didn’t have sex that all I’m thinking about is being eaten, no that’s not it, it was definitely the most amazing thing I ever felt. Ugh! I feel so gay right now.’ She curled up in bed as her thought roamed all over and she became flustered.
“Kerry, Mr. Bernadette said I should tell you that its morning and breakfast is ready.” Max stated.
“Ok tell him I’ll be there in a few.”
“Kay.”
Kerry was still exhausted physically as her body was initially reluctant to move  as she pulled herself to sit up and then to her feet she took a deep sigh before getting off the bed to get dressed. Meanwhile everyone was already at the table having breakfast and talking heartily, when she finally got dressed and dragged herself to the dining table she sat at the head of it glancing at Angelina as she sat.
“It looks like the trip all the way here took a lot out of you, you snored so loudly I could hardly get any sleep.” Angelina commented without raising her head from her tea cup, Kerry looked up at her and Angelina gave her a silencing glare.
“Ye- Yeah I suppose it did.” She wanted to say but it doesn’t look like you got any sleep though but she could see that the bags under Angelina’s eyes were not from lack of sleep but from fatigue and worry.
“Ms. Morgan may I just say you frightened me last night, I could swear there was a bear in the house. I jumped up out of my sleep only to realize it was just you snoring, you should really do something about that it’ll give little children night terrors.” Stated Mr. Bernadette.
“It was actually quite soothing to me I slept like a baby the whole night, so I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Max added.
“You are a strange child just like your father, he once slept through his father using an assault rifle in the middle of the villa. That was absolutely epic though, haven’t seen him sleep so soundly and snug in years.”
“I swear each time people tell me a story about my father he just gets weirder and weirder.”
Everyone began laughing.
“Well… Weren’t you the one who wanted to surpass you dad in every way? Doesn’t that mean you’ll have to surpass his weirdness as well.” Kerry teased.
“Point taken, now it seems even harder to do.”
“Well since we’ve all gotten acquainted and all the bumps have been straightened out, we better get on our way as it seems the storm has passed so I’m sure the jet is ready for our departure.”
“What will you do… Kerry?”
“Go find him of course, that’s what I came here for in the first place isn’t it.”
“Ms. Morgan I advise you that decision wouldn’t be very wise, Mr. Preston is very busy and is going to have a very important meeting today.” Mr. Bernadette warned.
“I won’t get in his way I just want to see him to confirm one thing, then after that I’ll leave.”
Mr. Bernadette paused, unable to move or even think straight he released his tension with a sigh and said.
“Ok, but I advise you Ms. Morgan get out of there as soon as possible and if you go there and see a car in the driveway I advise you to turn back. Do not enter that building under any circumstances.”
“Ok, I will… or won’t should I say.”
“Kerry I need to talk to you before we go so after you’ve finished packing will you come see me by my room.” Angelina stated.
Kerry nodded in approval before walking off to her room wondering what it could be that Angelina wanted to talk to her about nonetheless with such a straight face.
“Max put your suitcase by the door so that Mr. Bernadette can take it out to the car.”
“I might be young but I can manage my own luggage mother, you underestimate me too much.”
“That’s right because to me you’re still my baby who needs protecting.”
“Mother there comes the time where the mother bird must let the baby bird roam freely.”
“But the baby bird must become older before mama bird can let him roam freely.”
“Excuse me, Angelina you said you wanted to see me?”
“Oh, Kerry yeah just give me a second. Umm, Max go put your stuff in the car I’ll be right there.”
“Ok mom.”
As Max exited the room she turned to Kerry, sighed and lowered her head. Before raising her head again she began speaking.
“Wow, I don’t know where to start or where to end. Kerry although what happened last night happened I still hate you for taking him away from me, but although that is true I can’t let you run into this blindly because I want to fight on fair grounds with you. Now listen to me carefully there a certain things that you must not do he will eventually tell you them but the one you must avoid at all costs is meeting his parents, whenever he says they’re coming make an excuse to leave he’ll let you so don’t sweat it and think he’s not the type of guy to introduce you to his parents. They are the last people on this earth that you want meet.”
“Why is that?”
“That would be for your own safety, they’re not very friendly people when they get around to it.”
“Oh… ok I understand.”
“Be careful when you get there I don’t want you to get yourself hurt, there’d be no fun if you lost before it even really started.”
“I won’t…”
“Since we aren’t really friends I can’t really reach for a hug but I can do this.”
She stretched her hand out for a handshake and Kerry looked at the hand wondering if she should take it but before she could decide she was already shaking Angelina’s hand.
“I look forward to a fair competition.”
“Even the dirtiest of tricks can be determined as fair as all’s fair in love and war.”
“Why does it seem like you’re the one who’s the ex fiancée here?”
‘That’s possibly because you’ve already given up.’  Kerry thought but didn’t say and by the time she left her thoughts Angelina had already left the room.
As she walked out to the front of the hotel she thought about if it was really right to challenge an already half dead woman to a fight over a man.
“Ms. Morgan this cab will take you all the way to Mr. Preston’s villa, I ask you please be careful while on the grounds. Otherwise for the pathways the villa is completely surrounded by hazardous traps.”
She looked at him with a very puzzled look on her face.
“Safety reasons, never mind that just remember to keep on the path at all times.”
“Ok I will.”
They hugged before they got in their respective cars to leave; both cars drove down the car port exiting the hotel grounds but went in opposite directions. Kerry rested her hand against her jaw and her hand against the window, looking out at the winding road ahead. The distance seemed far and the roads seemed to never end she got so agitated waiting that she fell asleep a little before hearing from the driver that they had arrived, she shook of her sleepiness and hopped out the car immediately.
“Thank you for taking me all the way here.”
“Not at all I owed Johnny a major favor so it was my pleasure to, plus you were a great customer… stayed quiet the whole time, if it was any other woman they’d be chatting and making a ruckus but I can see you’re a woman of class living in a shindig like this and all.”
“Oh, I don’t live here… at least not yet… just here to see a very important friend of mine.”
“Some friend… must be a prince or something. Oh well here’s my card, call me if you ever need another ride.”
“Oh… ok thank you, uh erm…”
“Mark, the names Mark.”
“Thank you Mark.”
“No problem, see ya.” He said as he got in his car a drove away.
‘Ok I’m here I guess this is it.’ She thought before she let out a sigh and approached the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment