Wednesday 21 March 2012

Office Sexposa Chapter 11


Chapter 11
It was already night time by the time Kerry had arrived in Italy and to make it even worse there was a horrible lightening storm coupled by rain. The airport was packed with passengers waiting to leave on a flight or just coming in on one, Kerry stood in the terminus not sure of what she was to do now since it was already late and it had been raining she best stay at a hotel for the night. He eyes wondered in amazement at the beauty of the airport itself and of the variations of the persons coming in and out, she was fascinated but what really caught her attention was a little boy not more than five walking desperately as if he was trying to something.
“Excuse me, little one are you lost?”
“It does appear so.” He answered.
“Who were you here with?”
“My mother and my father’s butler.”
‘That’s why he seems so well composed and educated and for a child to be speaking so freely in mono tone none the less he’s definitely from a rich family.’ Kerry thought.
“Ok, let me tell you what I’ll do, I’ll let you onto my shoulders  so that your able to see over the crowd and when you see them just direct me towards them ok.”
“Thank you, I really appreciate your help Madame.”
“Oh no, you don’t have to call me Madame. You can call me Kerry.”
“It would be quite rude of me to address a lady such as yourself by her first name on the grounds that we just met, that would be improper as a gentleman.”
Kerry snickered but soon broke out into a laugh.
“Did I say something wrong?”
“Oh dear, no honey. It’s just that not only do you look a bit like the man I’m searching for you remind me of him too, would you believe those were the exact words he said to me the day we first met.”
“Wow! He seems like a really amazing guy, is he a prince? Mommy says that only princes speak this way.”
“Mhm.” Kerry nodded her head.
“Wow a prince, then it seems we are both missing our other halves.”
“Hmm? How so?”
“Well, I am a prince searching for my other half or should I say my princess which is my mom and you as a princess searches for your other half the prince or should I say your boyfriend.”
“He’s not my boyfriend… At least not yet, I still haven’t gotten a chance to tell him how I feel.”
“Why not?! Princes are very hard to find you better tell him quickly before someone else snatches him away.”
“I’m trying, that’s why I followed him to Italy but enough of me let’s find your mom”
“Oh, I already saw the butler guy he’s over there by the benches but I still haven’t seen mom.”
“Ok let’s go over there then.” 
“Promise me that if I see you again you’ll introduce me to your prince.”
“I Promise.”
Mr. Bernadette was searching high and low to find Max but stopped to ask the cashier of the snack counter if she had seen him  pass by, with no luck he stood pondering what to do next.
“Excuse me sir, by any chance would you be looking for this small boy?”
“Yes he’s about this high, speaks perfect English and speaks in mono tone most of the time… he’s impossible to miss.” Mr. Bernadette answered without even turning to face the person who asked.
“Mono tone? I should let my mother or father know you speak of me that way, although I’m sure mother would just laugh and not say anything in defense of me but I’m sure with father trying to get my attention and affection if I said I was bothered but it he’d reprimand you.”
Mr. Bernadette turned to face Max but his gaze got caught on the woman standing with him instead, he stood  shocked and could not return words to Max. Kerry looked back at him with indifference wondering if he wasn’t going to answer or even say a thing, then she thought; oh, he must have been surprised to see this child in the hands of a stranger.
“Hello, my name is…”
“Kerry… Kerry Morgan.”
“Yes and I found this child wondering around over there and helped him to find you… But could you explain how you came to know of my name?”
“Yes, how do you know her and why do you look as pale as if you’ve seen a ghost” Max inquired.
“Ker… Ms. Morgan is… a woman who works very closely with my master and also a person whom he holds in very high regard.”
“Your master?”
“Father?”
“Very high regard?” Angelina inquired.
Kerry turned to see a face which was not so unfamiliar to her as the other two people she’s met, she was positive that the woman standing before her was Alex’s ex fiancée. But what was she doing in Italy? None the less at the same time that Alex was also in the country.
“Mother!”
“Maxwell where did you go? I was looking everywhere for you, do you know how much trouble you’ve cost Mr. Bernadette and myself, we’ve been searching all over for you.”
“I’m sorry mother there was this strange animal in a cage that I just had to see.”
Mother? Father? Works very closely with my master” These statements turned questions were all that ran through Kerry’s mind as she tried to fill the pieces together.
“Excuse me, I might not be able to understand what’s going on right now but let me get a few things straight. You’re his mother?
“Yes.”
“If I’m not mistaken you were also the fiancée of Alex Preston.”
“Yes, that’s right.”
“I see… You referred to someone I work very closely with as your master earlier, do you mind telling me who particularly that is?”
“My master would also be the one you know as Alex Preston.”
“Ahh, I see… then that would mean when Max said ‘my father’ earlier he was speaking of Alex.”
“Yes.’ Mr. Bernadette answered.
Kerry’s heart dropped and ached, she felt as if she couldn’t breathe and the rooms had gotten smaller, claustrophobia had crept in and she felt as if tears were about to fall from her eyes so she closed them, let out a slight sigh before speaking again.
“Ahh, that explains it all I understand now. Stupid me, sometimes it takes me a while to process things.” She said with a smile on her face while tears streamed down her cheek from her closed eyes.
“Ms. Morgan… before you look too deep into the situation and misinterpret any further would you mind coming with me for a moment?”
As they walked away Mr. Bernadette began to explain the situation as delicately as possible to her so that she would be able to understand what’s going on.
“Mother, why was Kerry crying?”
“I’m not particularly sure either Maxwell.”
“Have you met her somewhere before?”
“Yes, about four years ago before you were born. She worked with your father at the law firm that he works at.”
“Daddy’s a lawyer? You never told me that.”
“You never asked what he did, only what type of person he was.”
“Ahh, I remember now… Always be specific right?
“Yes, isn’t that what I taught you?”
“Mother…”
“Maxwell there is something I need for you to know  before it’s too late to tell you.”
“Mom, it makes no sense you tell me what I already know. You’re my mother it’s my duty to know everything that goes on in your life. I pay more attention to you than anything else because you are my mother and I love you, so if what you were gonna say is about your sickness I already know and I already know that’s the reason you carried me to meet dad because when you die you want him to at least know about me and choose to take me in if he wishes. I know it all mom, so don’t worry too much; I might be a child but I am the child of a great agent and a monster of a man so I’ll survive no matter where the world takes me.”
“I think I thought you a little bit too much when you were younger, but you are a very articulate boy. More like your father than anyone else… Now Max you know what you must do right?”
He shook his head signifying yes.
“Then after tonight I’ll leave and you won’t see me again but before I go I’ll spend the rest of my night with you and we’ll have fun together all night ok?”
Max nodded yes but he couldn’t hold back the urge to cry, tears began to stream down his eye’s and his usually straight face became twisted into a frown. As his mother held him close to her he admitted.
“I love you very much mommy, I’ll miss you even more but although you’ll leave my side you could never leave my heart. I will love, miss and adore you forever mother.”
“Baby, you are my first and only child and that will always remain that way and I will hold you the most important and dearest thing in my heart forever.”
“I love you mommy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment